Theo[edit | edit source]
Theo first appears in Forsaken City. It is possible, though not mandatory, to trigger several conversations with him, one after the other.
First[edit | edit source]
- Theo: Ho there, fellow traveller!
- Madeline: Oh... hi.
- Theo: What a killer night for a hike!
- Madeline: I guess so.
- Theo: This place is so crazy.
I kind of can't believe it exists!
- Madeline: Not the easiest climb, is it?
But I guess that's what I was looking for...
- Theo: Whoa, that sounds pretty serious.
I'm just happy to see another human in such a lonely place.
I'm Theo by the way, an adventurer from a far off land!
- Madeline: ...
- Theo: Not much of a talker, are you?
Mysterious lone wolf type, I get it. I'll just imagine some dark backstory for you.
Second[edit | edit source]
- Madeline: Hey, sorry. I'm Madeline.
I've got a lot on my mind.
- Theo: Well, Madeline, I'd say you've come to the right place!
I'm freezing my toes off, but I can't imagine a better place to be for some quiet reflection.
- Madeline: Yeah, maybe you're right.
What "far off land" do you hail from?
- Theo: Well, my inquisitive compatriot, I doth hail from the mystical, exotic kingdom of...
- Madeline: It sounds like a special place.
Third[edit | edit source]
- Theo: This place is wild!
Why would an entire city be abandoned?
- Madeline: I read that some mega-corporation started building it, but then no one wanted to live here.
I wonder why...
- Theo: My money's on a government cover-up.
- Madeline: What a waste, to build all of this for no reason...
- Theo: At least we get to enjoy the leftovers.
Fourth[edit | edit source]
- Madeline: Are you here to explore this city?
- Theo: Yeah, I have a thing for abandoned places.
And I like to think of myself as a budding photographer.
- Madeline: Oh really? Cool!
Do you have a blog or something?
- Theo: A blog?
Everyone uses InstaPix now.
I'm TheoUnderStars, look me up!
Fifth[edit | edit source]
- Theo: This terrain is pretty tricky, are you turning back soon?
- Madeline: Nope. I'm heading for the summit.
- Theo: I can really see the determination in your eyes!
- Madeline: If you say so.
I bet you could make it to the summit too.
- Theo: Maybe.
I don't really care about reaching the top, TBH.
Oh! But I heard there are some legit old ruins up beyond the city.
Like 1800's legit.
I know it's risky but I have to see them for myself.
Sixth[edit | edit source]
- Theo: What's that thing you say right before you do something irresponsible?
- Madeline: Uh... "throw caution to the wind?"
- Theo: No, that's not it.
Outro[edit | edit source]
The following is said by Madeline upon reaching the Celeste Memorial, marking the end of the chapter.
- Madeline: Ugh, I'm exhausted.
[Madeline makes a campfire and sits down to rest, when a bird swoops in and lands on her head.]
- Madeline: This might have been a mistake.