Celeste Classic 2
This article is a stub. You can help the Celeste Wiki by expanding it.
The game contains five chapters: Prologue, Trailhead, Glacial Caves, Golden Valley and Destination. It features a different mountain climber than the original CELESTE Classic or Celeste; this character's name is Lani, possibly a play on the name Lena (after Lena Raine).
Plot[edit | edit source]
The story takes place presumably later than the events of Celeste, and by extent, Celeste Classic. It begins without much of a plot, with Lani journeying across where the Prologue would be. Granny's house can be seen, but cannot be accessed. The bridge, however, is already significantly damaged, and ends up collapsing under Lani's feet.
After Lani falls to the bottom, they find a grappling hook. The main soundtrack of the level, "Lani's Trek", begins playing. Lani then proceeds to cross the Trailhead, and to the Glacial Caves, a set of icy underground caves. They later then arrive at the Golden Valley, which is somewhat reminiscent of Golden Ridge, albeit situated at a much lower altitude, before making it to their destination, which appears to be a small ravine filled with flowers.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Snowballs, which can be grabbed and thrown.
- Grapple Points, where you can hook onto in order to fling yourself.
- Ice, which cannot be grappled onto.
- Checkpoint Flags, which are unnumbered.
- Disappearing Blocks
- Spikes. Lots of them.
- 16 strawberries.
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- CELESTE Classic 2: Lani's Trek was developed in just three days.
- Many cues from Celeste were added; these include details as subtle as the death animation.
- The main character, Lani, does not have any disclosed or known gender. However, Lena Raine refers to them using she/her pronouns.
- Unlike the original Celeste Classic, this one isn't available as an Easter Egg in Celeste.