Jump to navigation Jump to search
A wallbounce, sometimes abbreviated to wounce or known as Super Walljumps in the game files, is a mechanic that's introduced in Summit B-Side B-Side, and used through the C-Sides (3C through 7C) and Farewell. It's a special type of walljump that's done by dashing upwards next to a wall, and jumping away from it while Madeline still has the dash momentum. It allows the player to reach greater heights and to jump over tall obstacles.
Functionality[edit | edit source]
Other variants[edit | edit source]
Bubble Wallbounce[edit | edit source]
Introduced in Golden Ridge C-Side, a wallbounce performed after leaving a bubble. Since the bubble gives the player dash momentum, they can pull off the trick without needing to dash again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the technique is known as a wallbounce, it's referred as a "super walljump" in the game files.
- Despite the game having a lot of wallbounce setups, the vast majority of them can be skipped with other lesser known techniques, such as "5jumps" or other more convoluted solutions:
- 7B only has three wallbounces that cannot be skipped in any way, all of them being in flags 8 and 7.
- Almost every wallbounce in the C-Sides can be skipped, with the exception of 4C, where the player has to jump off of a wall and is forced to use the bubble.
- Technically Farewell is possible to complete with 0 wallbounces, however the third room of Determination has a skip that is extremely unreliable, if not humanly impossible to do due to its sheer precision, and could only be done with the help of a TAS.